Health and Safety Awareness
Please note: This course is not valid in order to obtain a CSCS card. For guidance to obtain this visit the CSCS website.
Health and safety training plays a fundamental role in ensuring employees work safely and without risk to health. It ensures you meet your legal duties in protecting the health of your employees.
The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 requires employers to provide training to ensure that employees can carry out tasks safely and without risk to health.
Training records must be kept to ensure that all employees have been trained. This will also help you to assess when refresher training is required.
Our comprehensive health and safety awareness course is designed by health and safety experts to provide essential training in line with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974. It equips trainees with an understanding of their responsibilities for health and safety in the workplace, resulting in a positive health and safety culture.
What are the benefits?
- Essential health and safety training to help protect the safety and wellbeing of employees.
- Training that is compliant with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
- Learn how to spot workplace hazards and adopt safe behaviours to create a safe environment.
- Online training course conducted at your own pace – no previous health and safety qualifications required.
- IOSH Approved, CPD Certified and SCORM Compliant training.
Who should take this course?
All employees play a role in maintaining workplace safety. Our health and safety awareness course is suitable for employees at any level, including:
- Business owners and directors – keep up-to-date with legal requirements and learn how to spot and control health and safety risks in your business.
- Managers and supervisors – ensure team leaders know their responsibilities and duties, including operating within an organisation’s health and safety policy.
- Employees – train employees on how to spot potential risks to health, how to work safely, and how to report health and safety concerns.
- Contractors and third parties – train freelancers, temporary staff and contractors unfamiliar with your workplace.
Health and safety awareness training can be used as part of an induction process for new employees, and as a refresher course to ensure experienced employees remain up-to-date on health and safety awareness training.
The course duration is 1.5 – 2 hours and it can be completed online at your own pace.
Our accreditations mean you can be confident that we deliver high-quality, effective eLearning that forms part of a professional development programme.
We pride ourselves on our extensive certification and accreditation. We’re ISO 9001 quality management certified, CPD Certified, and an IOSH Approved training provider.
This course is SCORM compliant which means it can be integrated as part of your existing LMS or used as part of our SHINE learning management system.
Learn more about our health and safety accreditations.
Start your learning adventure
Created by experts. IOSH Approved. CPD Certified. Our fire, health and safety courses support your compliance training needs. We offer flexible eLearning options. Buy individual courses now and start learning. Or simply call us to discuss group discounts and enterprise pricing options.
Buy now – individual course
- Fully interactive – online learning
- Certified training – created by experts
- Perfect for smaller businesses and sole traders starting out
Call us – volume discount
- Save money – volume discounts
- Control – central dashboard
- Reporting – monitor training progress
- Ideal for mid-sized SMEs needing to deploy training at scale
Call us – Enterprise pricing
- Bespoke – tailored to your needs
- Comprehensive – over 50 courses
- Support – 1-2-1 account management
- Perfect for larger businesses needing a wide variety of training
Aims of the course
Our health and safety awareness course covers all aspects of health and safety in the workplace.
This course aims to enable employees to undertake their jobs safely through greater health and safety awareness. The course follows a nationally recognised syllabus. When training is complete employees will:
- Be clear on their responsibilities for workplace safety, health and environment.
- Understand their role in securing the health and safety of themselves and others.
- Be able to spot common risks in the workplace and help prevent accidents and ill-health.
- Know how to report accidents and incidents and help prevent a reoccurrence.
- Understand how a positive health and safety policy affects an organisation’s performance.
- 1. Introduction – Understand why it is essential to work safely, who is responsible, policies, procedures and legal requirements.
- 2. Improving safety performance – Understand accident causes, the importance of risk assessments and ERIC PD Controls. Learn how to implement safe systems of work, reporting accidents, first aiders and safety signs, personal protective equipment (PPE) and individual factors that contribute to health and safety.
- 3. Identification of hazards – How to spot potential risks in the workplace, such as hazardous substances, noise and working at height.
- 4. Safety management systems – Learn about the safety management model and how to get started with safety management with Plan, Do, Check and Act.
Each stage of our health and safety awareness course includes a summary, interactive tools and exercises, and a comprehensive test.
You’ll also be provided with an assessment and health and safety awareness certificate on successful completion.
Download our Health and Safety Awareness Course brochure.
Download our Health and Safety Awareness course brochure
Fully interactive. Clear and simple. Created by experts.
How is it delivered?
Our health and safety awareness course is delivered through our SHINE eLearning platform.
Employees can access the course through a web browser on a desktop or laptop PC. Each trainee has a dedicated log-in and can save their progress, allowing them to learn at their own pace. This course includes a final assessment to test that trainees have familiarised themselves with the key aspects of the training.
This course is SCORM compliant so can be easily integrated into an external earning management system (LMS).
SHINE – compliance record keeping
The Praxis42 Digital Platform SHINE is our advanced eLearning management system and helps organisations deliver effective online learning for their employees.
A cost-effective tool for compliance record-keeping, SHINE allows you to view and manage employee training records easily. Individual training certificates can be printed as proof of compliance for audits or visits from enforcing agencies.
What our clients say
From national pub chains to global insurance, our clients value our expertise and service.
Need further health and safety courses? Explore similar courses from our library.