Behavioural safety in the workplace focuses on the idea of encouraging safe habits in individuals by challenging potentially unsafe behaviour. This method puts the attention on individuals rather than the employers, with the ultimate aim to modify people’s behaviour.
Employers should consider behavioural safety and its role in helping to create safer workplaces, using it as part of their overall safety management framework.
Our Behavioural Safety course uses real-life examples to showcase the importance of behavioural safety in the workplace, how those in the workplace can be affected by accidents and the importance of teamwork.
What are the benefits?
- Highlights the values of safety – nothing is more important than looking after each other.
- Uses a case study to learn from a real-life experience.
- Sums up the importance of managers and workers working together – safety is everyone’s responsibility.
- Online training course conducted at your own pace – no previous experience required
Who is it for?
This course has been developed for all levels of staff and is appropriate for employees in any role and across all sectors.
This course lasts approximately 35-40 minutes.
Our SCORM compliance means you can be confident that we deliver high-quality, effective eLearning and assessment tools that integrate into professional learning management systems.
Our courses are SCORM compliant which means they can be integrated as part of your existing LMS or used as part of our SHINE learning management system.
Learn more about our health and safety accreditations.
Start your learning adventure
Created by experts. IOSH Approved. CPD Certified. Our fire, health and safety courses support your compliance training needs. We offer flexible eLearning options. Buy individual courses now and start learning. Or simply call us to discuss group discounts and enterprise pricing options.
Buy now – individual course
- Fully interactive – online learning
- Certified training – created by experts
- Perfect for smaller businesses and sole traders starting out
Call us – volume discount
- Save money – volume discounts
- Control – central dashboard
- Reporting – monitor training progress
- Ideal for mid-sized SMEs needing to deploy training at scale
Call us – Enterprise pricing
- Bespoke – tailored to your needs
- Comprehensive – over 50 courses
- Support – 1-2-1 account management
- Perfect for larger businesses needing a wide variety of training
Aims of the course
This course aims to be a powerful reminder of a constantly evolving safety culture or journey; how one or a series of simple wrong decisions can result in severe consequences.
By completing our Behavioural Safety course, you will be able to:
- Understand the importance of behavioural safety in the workplace – safety is everyone’s responsibility.
- Learn about the consequences of a workplace accident, and the extent of damage that could be caused.
- Recognise the value of a safety culture, and gain commitment to the things we can do to improve health and safety at work.
This course consists of two parts:
- Impact – The Ken Woodward Story: a real-life case study where we explore Ken’s accident and how hindsight could have prevented it.
- Teams – The Meerkat Way: exploring how meerkats survive in the wild and investigate what we can learn from them and apply it to our work.
You will be awarded a certificate on the successful completion of the course.
Download our Behavioural Safety course brochure
Fully interactive. Clear and simple. Created by experts.
How is it delivered?
The Behavioural Safety course is delivered through an eLearning platform either online or through a computer network which trainees can access from their own laptop or desktop. Each trainee can work through the modules at their own speed as they have the option of saving their progress and completing the course over multiple sessions. We are also able to integrate the course into a SCORM compliant learning management system.
SHINE – compliance record keeping
The Praxis42 Digital Platform SHINE is our advanced eLearning management system and helps organisations deliver effective online learning for their employees.
A cost-effective tool for compliance record-keeping, SHINE allows you to view and manage employee training records easily. Individual training certificates can be printed as proof of compliance for audits or visits from enforcing agencies.
What our clients say
From national pub chains to global insurance, our clients value our expertise and service.
Need further HR courses? Explore similar courses from our library.