A third of all fall from height incidents involve ladders and stepladders. On average, this accounts for 14 deaths and 1,200 major injuries every year.
Many of these are caused by inappropriate or incorrect use of equipment. Before using a ladder, you need to make sure that it’s the most suitable equipment for the task you are going to undertake. You also need to know how to use it safely.
Our Ladder Safety elearning course aims to equip you with the key information required to use ladders and stepladders safely.
What are the benefits?
- Compliant with The Work at Height Regulations 2005.
- Recognise the risks associated with working on a ladder.
- Online training course conducted at your own pace – no previous experience required.
- CPD Certified and SCORM Compliant training.
Who should take this course?
This course is aimed at individuals who may use a ladder or stepladder to complete work at height tasks.
It covers the different types of ladders, the associated hazards and safe use.
This course takes approximately 15 minutes to complete.
Our accreditations mean you can be confident that we deliver high-quality, effective eLearning that forms part of a professional development programme.
We pride ourselves on our extensive certification and accreditation. We’re CPD Certified and this course is SCORM compliant which means it can be integrated as part of your existing LMS or used as part of our SHINE learning management system.
Learn more about our health and safety accreditations.
Start your learning adventure
Created by experts. IOSH Approved. CPD Certified. Our fire, health and safety courses support your compliance training needs. We offer flexible eLearning options. Buy individual courses now and start learning. Or simply call us to discuss group discounts and enterprise pricing options.
Buy now – individual course
- Fully interactive – online learning
- Certified training – created by experts
- Perfect for smaller businesses and sole traders starting out
Call us – volume discount
- Save money – volume discounts
- Control – central dashboard
- Reporting – monitor training progress
- Ideal for mid-sized SMEs needing to deploy training at scale
Call us – Enterprise pricing
- Bespoke – tailored to your needs
- Comprehensive – over 50 courses
- Support – 1-2-1 account management
- Perfect for larger businesses needing a wide variety of training
Aims of the course
Our Ladder Safety course aims to equip you with the key information required to use ladders and stepladders safely.
By completing our Ladder Safety course, you will:
- Be familiar with the different types of ladders and the types of falls that can occur.
- Understand the correct ways to use a ladder or stepladder.
- Understand the importance of undertaking pre-use checks.
- How to correctly store and maintain your ladder or stepladder.
This course includes the following:
- Ladders – including using ladders, the different types of ladders and how to use them correctly.
- Types of falls
- Storage and maintenance
- Stepladders – pre-use checks and using stepladders correctly.
Our Ladder Safety course includes summaries, interactive tools and exercises and comprehensive tests to enhance learning.
Ladder Safety certification: you’ll also be provided with an assessment and a Ladder Safety certificate on successful completion of the course.
Download our Ladder Safety course brochure
Fully interactive. Clear and simple. Created by experts.
How is it delivered?
Ladder Safety eLearning can be delivered online or through a computer network to each trainee at their desktop, laptop or mobile device. We can also provide the course to be integrated into a SCORM compliant LMS. The training can be completed at the employee’s own pace by “bookmarking” and recording progress and returning to the training at a later time. In delivering the training in this way, the normal cost of training is reduced, whilst still achieving the desired awareness and compliance with the organisation’s legal responsibilities. At the end of the training, the trainee will complete an assessment.
SHINE – compliance record keeping made easy
The Praxis42 Digital Platform SHINE is our advanced eLearning management system and helps organisations deliver effective online learning for their employees.
A cost-effective tool for compliance record-keeping, SHINE allows you to view and manage employee training records easily. Individual training certificates can be printed as proof of compliance for audits or visits from enforcing agencies.
What our clients say
From national pub chains to global insurance, our clients value our expertise and service.
Need further courses? Explore similar courses from our library.