EMF and RF Awareness Course
The EMF and RF Awareness course provides managers and employees with comprehensive knowledge about the hazards and risks of electromagnetic fields (EMFs) in the workplace.
This training helps employers to protect workers from harm by complying with legislation and guidance in the EMF Directive 2013/35/EU, The Control of Electromagnetic Fields at Work Regulations 2016, Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Electromagnetic Fields) Regulations 2016 and ICNIRP.
Developed by EMF and RF experts, this IOSH Approved online course is interactive and easy to follow. It is used by international organisations including Vodafone, Ericsson, and EE.
Praxis42 is an Arqiva Accepted Training Provider for EMF and RF awareness training and meets the requirements of the MATS Group. Completing this course provides evidence as part of the gateway process for Arqiva and other telecommunications operators.
Benefits of the EMF and RF Awareness course
- Ensures compliance with The Control of Electromagnetic Fields at Work Regulations 2016.
- Raises awareness of hazards and risks linked to electromagnetic field exposure in the workplace, fostering a safer environment.
- Equips workers with the knowledge to make informed decisions about EMF safety, minimising unnecessary stoppages.
- Provides essential information for conducting dynamic EMF risk assessments and using personal monitors effectively, enhancing workplace safety.
- Delivered by proficient experts in EMF and RF awareness, ensuring high-quality training.
- Flexible online format allows participants to learn at their own pace.
- Interactive content to ensure learning is engaging and effective.
- Multiple choice quizzes so participants can check their understanding as they progress through the course.
- Endorsed by IOSH, CPD Certified, and SCORM Compliant.
By the end of the EMF and RF awareness course employees will:
- Understand the basics of frequency, wavelength, and power.
- Understand the effects of EMFs on the body.
- Know key EMF safety regulations and how their safety is protected under the law.
- Understand an employee and employer’s health and safety responsibilities.
- Be able to identify EMF sources and common hazards.
- Be able to identify who is at particular risk from exposure to EMFs.
- Know how to mitigate the risks of EMF exposure.
Our accreditations mean you can be confident that we deliver high-quality, effective eLearning that forms part of a professional development programme.
We pride ourselves on our extensive certification and accreditation. We’re CPD Certified and this course is SCORM compliant which means it can be integrated as part of your existing LMS or used as part of our SHINE learning management system.
Learn more about our health and safety accreditations.
Start your learning adventure
Created by experts. IOSH Approved. CPD Certified. Our fire, health and safety courses support your compliance training needs. We offer flexible eLearning options. Buy individual courses now and start learning. Or simply call us to discuss group discounts and enterprise pricing options.
Buy now – individual course
- Fully interactive – online learning
- Certified training – created by experts
- Perfect for smaller businesses and sole traders starting out
Call us – volume discount
- Save money – volume discounts
- Control – central dashboard
- Reporting – monitor training progress
- Ideal for mid-sized SMEs needing to deploy training at scale
Call us – Enterprise pricing
- Bespoke – tailored to your needs
- Comprehensive – over 50 courses
- Support – 1-2-1 account management
- Perfect for larger businesses needing a wide variety of training
Who should take this course?
EMF and RF awareness online training is for anyone who may come into contact with or may be responsible for EMFs and RFs (radio frequencies) as part of their work. RFs are a type of EMF emitted at high frequencies for wireless and data transmission.
Owners or operators of sites where EMFs are produced must ensure employees are trained in EMF and RF safety before they are granted access.
It is important to recognise that EMFs can be generated intentionally and unintentionally in a variety of working environments, and employees can be accidentally exposed to harmful levels. EMFs are used in many industrial processes including induction heating, semiconductor processing and medical diathermy as well as the well-known examples of telecommunication and broadcast systems.
In fact, any equipment that generates an amount of electrical current can produce significant magnetic fields.
This course takes approximately 25-30 minutes to complete.
At the end of the EMF and RF Awareness course there are 10 multiple choice questions to answer, and the pass mark is 80%.
Download our EMF and RF Awareness brochure
Fill out the form below
|What an electromagnetic field is, examples of natural and man-made EMFs, and the difference between intentional and unintentional man-made emitters.
|EMF and the human body
|How the body is affected by EMF exposure. Direct and secondary effects of EMF exposure, and who is at particular risk.
|Regulations that help protect employees and the public from EMF exposure such as the EMF Directive. Employer’s duties to protect employees, including carrying out risk assessments and providing training. Employees’ obligations to protect themselves from harm. Safety guidelines for use in the field.
|Different types of equipment for measuring and monitoring EMFs. How to use equipment correctly and what causes false alarms.
|Sources and hazards
|Identifying common EMF hazards. How to conduct a basic EMF risk assessment and approach EMF hazards safely. Understanding warning and prohibition signs and warning notices for surgically implanted devices.
Frequently answered questions
Fully interactive. Clear and simple. Created by experts.
SHINE – compliance record keeping
The Praxis42 digital platform SHINE is our advanced Learning Management System and helps organisations deliver effective online learning for their employees.
A cost-effective tool for compliance record-keeping SHINE allows you to view and manage employee training records easily. Individual training certificates can be printed as proof of compliance for audits or visits from enforcing agencies.
How is it delivered?
Our courses are delivered via a web browser or computer network on a desktop PC, laptop or mobile device. The training course can be completed at the employees’ own pace by recording their progress and returning to the training at a later stage.
This course is SCORM compliant for use on an external Learning Management System (LMS) if required.
Need further safety courses? Explore similar courses from our library.
What our clients say
From national pub chains to global insurance, our clients value our expertise and service.