Whistleblowing refers to the act of reporting certain types of unlawful wrongdoing and encourages workers to raise legitimate concerns without fear of retaliation or victimisation.
An effective whistleblowing procedure creates a culture based on transparency and accountability.
Employees will only be considered whistleblowers if they have reported certain types of information that are protected by law. For the information to be protected, it must meet certain criteria.
Our Whistleblowing Awareness course provides a comprehensive outline into identifying whistleblowing complaints, how a disclosure meets the whistleblowing criteria and how the procedure should work.
What are the benefits?
- Understand what whistleblowing is and an effective procedure to managing whistleblowing in the workplace.
- Teaches employees how a disclosure meets whistleblowing criteria.
- Explains the measures an organisation must take to support whistleblowing.
- Online training course conducted at your own pace – no previous experience required
Who is it for?
The course is aimed at all employees, to support other whistleblowing elements that a company may have in place.
This course lasts approximately 15-20 minutes.
Our accreditations mean you can be confident that we deliver high-quality, effective eLearning that forms part of a professional development programme.
We pride ourselves on our extensive certification and accreditation. We’re CPD Certified and this course is SCORM compliant which means it can be integrated as part of your existing LMS or used as part of our SHINE learning management system.
Learn more about our health and safety accreditations.
Start your learning adventure
Created by experts. IOSH Approved. CPD Certified. Our fire, health and safety courses support your compliance training needs. We offer flexible eLearning options. Buy individual courses now and start learning. Or simply call us to discuss group discounts and enterprise pricing options.
Buy now – individual course
- Fully interactive – online learning
- Certified training – created by experts
- Perfect for smaller businesses and sole traders starting out
Call us – volume discount
- Save money – volume discounts
- Control – central dashboard
- Reporting – monitor training progress
- Ideal for mid-sized SMEs needing to deploy training at scale
Call us – Enterprise pricing
- Bespoke – tailored to your needs
- Comprehensive – over 50 courses
- Support – 1-2-1 account management
- Perfect for larger businesses needing a wide variety of training
Aims of the course
This course aims to make employees aware of whistleblowing law and what is covered under it.
By completing our Whistleblowing Awareness course, you will be able to:
- Explain what whistleblowing is.
- Understand how a disclosure meets the whistleblowing criteria.
- Describe the whistleblowing procedure.
- Describe the measures an organisation must take to support whistleblowing.
This course includes the following:
- What is whistleblowing? – when is it whistleblowing, qualifying disclosures, reasonable belief, qualifying individuals or bodies, public interest.
- Organisational commitments – policy, transparency, accountability and training and support.
Our Whistleblowing Awareness course include summaries, interactive tools and exercises, as well as comprehensive tests to enhance learning.
Certification: you’ll also be provided with a certificate on successful completion of the course.
Download our Whistleblowing Awareness course brochure
Fully interactive. Clear and simple. Created by experts.
How is it delivered?
The course is delivered through an eLearning platform either online or through a computer network which trainees can access from their own laptop or desktop. Each trainee can work through the modules at their own speed as they have the option of saving their progress and completing the course over multiple sessions. We are also able to integrate the course into a SCORM compliant learning management system.
SHINE – compliance record keeping
The Praxis42 Digital Platform SHINE is our advanced eLearning management system and helps organisations deliver effective online learning for their employees.
A cost-effective tool for compliance record-keeping, SHINE allows you to view and manage employee training records easily. Individual training certificates can be printed as proof of compliance for audits or visits from enforcing agencies.
What our clients say
From national pub chains to global insurance, our clients value our expertise and service.
Need further HR courses? Explore similar courses from our library.