Display Screen Equipment (DSE) Training
Display screen equipment training is a legal requirement for organisations with employees who rely on the use of display screen equipment such as computer monitors, laptops, keyboards, and mobile devices to carry out their duties.
It helps organisations comply with The Health and Safety (Display Screen Equipment) Regulations 1992.
Our in-depth Display Screen Equipment Training has been created by chartered health and safety experts and ergonomists. It helps employees understand how DSE can affect health, how to achieve and adopt good workstation posture, correctly set up an ergonomic workstation and the risks of using mobile devices.
It covers common health issues such as musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs), fatigue and eye strain and helps employees understand the impact of poor posture on health with step-by-step lessons on adjusting chairs, screens, workstations and rest exercises.
Benefits of display screen equipment training
- Essential training that supports compliance with the Health and Safety (Display Screen Equipment) Regulations 1992.
- Created by highly qualified, experienced health and safety consultants.
- Follows Health and Safety Executive (HSE) guidance.
- IOSH Approved, CPD Certified and SCORM Compliant training.
- Online course can be completed at the employee’s own pace.
- No previous experience is required.
- Multiple choice quizzes so participants can check their understanding as they progress through the course.
By the end of display screen equipment training employees will be able to:
- Identify common health issues associated with DSE use.
- Understand how your organisation’s DSE policy promotes the safe use of display screen equipment.
- Identify the risk factors associated with display screen equipment.
- Implement practical changes to their workstation, posture, work activities and the environment to reduce the risk of eyestrain, fatigue, stress, and musculoskeletal disorders.
Our accreditations mean you can be confident that we deliver high-quality, effective eLearning that forms part of a professional development programme.
We pride ourselves on our extensive certification and accreditation. We’re CPD Certified and this course is SCORM compliant which means it can be integrated as part of your existing LMS or used as part of our SHINE learning management system.
Learn more about our health and safety accreditations.
Start your learning adventure
Created by experts. IOSH Approved. CPD Certified. Our fire, health and safety courses support your compliance training needs. We offer flexible eLearning options. Buy individual courses now and start learning. Or simply call us to discuss group discounts and enterprise pricing options.
Buy now – individual course
- Fully interactive – online learning
- Certified training – created by experts
- Perfect for smaller businesses and sole traders starting out
Call us – volume discount
- Save money – volume discounts
- Control – central dashboard
- Reporting – monitor training progress
- Ideal for mid-sized SMEs needing to deploy training at scale
Call us – Enterprise pricing
- Bespoke – tailored to your needs
- Comprehensive – over 50 courses
- Support – 1-2-1 account management
- Perfect for larger businesses needing a wide variety of training
Who should take the course?
Any employee using display screen equipment at work should undertake regular DSE training, this includes:
- Anyone using laptops, computer monitors and mobile devices for more than one hour at a time.
- Employees using fixed workstations in the workplace.
- Mobile or remote workers, including employees working from home.
- Employees who hotdesk or who are agile workers.
The DSE training course is suitable for all levels within an organisation, including directors, supervisors and managers, team leaders, call centre workers, telemarketers, office workers and clerical employees. It is also suitable for new employees to understand how to set up and use DSE as part of their induction process.
Ideally, employees should undergo DSE training annually to ensure their knowledge and awareness is up to date so they continue to implement simple but effective ergonomic principles to protect their health.
This course takes approximately 60 minutes to complete.
At the end of the display screen equipment training course there are 10 multiple choice questions to answer, and the pass mark is 80%.
Download our Display Screen Equipment Training brochure
Fill out the form below
|Common health issues associated with DSE use, what factors can cause DSE health issues, and how an organisation’s DSE policy helps to protect employees.
|About your body
|How different parts of the body can be affected by DSE use. Ways to reduce the effects of DSE by making changes to the workstation, physical environment, and work activities.
Simple exercises employees can do at their desk to reduce fatigue and stress.
|Setting up an ergonomic workstation by making simple adjustments to the chair, desk, screen, keyboard and mouse.
Mitigating the risks of DSE by sitting in a healthy posture and positioning legs, arms, hands, back and wrists comfortably.
Choosing the right type of mouse, making changes to the workspace layout and general environment, setting up a standing workstation and using laptops safely.
This section could be completed at the same time as an online DSE assessment, so any high-risk issues identified by an employee may be addressed promptly.
|Hazards of using mobile devices for prolonged periods and practical ways to reduce risks.
Frequently asked questions
Fully interactive. Clear and simple. Created by experts.
How is it delivered?
Our Display Screen Equipment Training course is delivered via a web browser or computer network on a desktop PC, laptop or mobile device. The training course can be completed at the employees’ own pace by recording their progress and returning to the training at a later stage.
In delivering training this way, the typical costs of training are reduced whilst still achieving the desired awareness and compliance with the organisation’s obligations. At the end of the training, the employee will complete an assessment to ensure that they have familiarised themselves with the key aspects of the training and understood general ergonomic principles.
This course is SCORM compliant for use on an external Learning Management System (LMS) if required.
SHINE – compliance record keeping
The Praxis42 digital platform SHINE is our advanced Learning Management System and helps organisations deliver effective online learning for their employees.
A cost-effective tool for compliance record-keeping SHINE allows you to view and manage employee training records easily. Individual training certificates can be printed as proof of compliance for audits or visits from enforcing agencies.
Need further health & safety courses? Explore similar courses from our library.
What our clients say
From national pub chains to global insurance, our clients value our expertise and service.