Homeworker’s health and safety is still the responsibility of the employer whether work from home is undertaken occasionally as part of a flexible working approach or if it’s a permanent contractual arrangement.
The risks from working from a home office might appear low however there are some important risk management factors that need to be assessed and controlled as part of the employers’ health and safety management system.
The ‘Homeworking Awareness’ course from Praxis42 helps those working from home to ensure that they stay safe and free from ill-health through an engaging awareness training programme that raises their awareness of common hazards and controls.
What are the benefits?
- Recognise the potential hazards when working from home.
- Learn how to complete a workstation and workplace risk assessment.
- Understand the importance of reporting ill-health.
- Online training course conducted at your own pace – no previous experience required.
- IOSH Approved, CPD Certified and SCORM Compliant training.
Who should take this course?
The course has been developed for all levels of employees in an organisation who may work from home.
This course takes approximately 25 – 30 minutes to complete.
Our accreditations mean you can be confident that we deliver high-quality, effective eLearning that forms part of a professional development programme.
We pride ourselves on our extensive certification and accreditation. We’re CPD Certified and this course is SCORM compliant which means it can be integrated as part of your existing LMS or used as part of our SHINE learning management system.
Learn more about our health and safety accreditations.
Start your learning adventure
Created by experts. IOSH Approved. CPD Certified. Our fire, health and safety courses support your compliance training needs. We offer flexible eLearning options. Buy individual courses now and start learning. Or simply call us to discuss group discounts and enterprise pricing options.
Buy now – individual course
- Fully interactive – online learning
- Certified training – created by experts
- Perfect for smaller businesses and sole traders starting out
Call us – volume discount
- Save money – volume discounts
- Control – central dashboard
- Reporting – monitor training progress
- Ideal for mid-sized SMEs needing to deploy training at scale
Call us – Enterprise pricing
- Bespoke – tailored to your needs
- Comprehensive – over 50 courses
- Support – 1-2-1 account management
- Perfect for larger businesses needing a wide variety of training
Aims of the course
The aim of the Homeworker Awareness course is to ensure that employees who work from home either occasionally or permanently are aware of the hazards and precautions which they are obliged to take while at work. At the end of the training trainees will be able to:
- Understand the importance of accident and Ill-health reporting, First Aid and insurance.
- Recognise common hazards associated with working at home.
- Appreciate the employer’s responsibilities extend to work at home and that as an employee they must take reasonable care.
- Take appropriate action to ensure that suitable precautions are in place to control risks.
- Complete a workstation and workplace assessment if required.
Download our Homeworker Awareness course brochure.
Fully interactive. Clear and simple. Created by experts.
How is it delivered?
The Homeworking Awareness course is delivered electronically and can be accessed by trainees either online or through a computer network. Each employee can use their own electronic device and progress through the modules at their own pace, as they can save their progress and return to complete the course at a later time.
After they have completed all of the units, trainees will complete an assessment to demonstrate their knowledge. One of the main benefits of offering the course in this way is that you can reduce your organisation’s training costs while still fulfilling your statutory obligation.
SHINE – compliance record keeping
The Praxis42 Digital Platform SHINE is our advanced eLearning management system and helps organisations deliver effective online learning for their employees.
A cost-effective tool for compliance record-keeping, SHINE allows you to view and manage employee training records easily. Individual training certificates can be printed as proof of compliance for audits or visits from enforcing agencies.
What our clients say
From national pub chains to global insurance, our clients value our expertise and service.
Need further safety courses? Explore similar courses from our library.