Fire Marshal Training
Fire marshals play an important role in an organisation and are central to a fire safety plan. Developed by fire safety experts, our in-depth fire marshal training course provides all the knowledge you need to become a fire marshal, also known as a fire warden.
It covers the duties required to prevent fires, protect employees and what to do in an emergency, including the correct use of fire-fighting equipment and how to conduct a safe sweep search during an evacuation.
It is a legal requirement for an organisation to provide fire safety information and training for their employees.
Under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 (RRFSO), employers must provide training to ensure employees responsible for fire safety have the necessary knowledge to protect lives in the event of an emergency.
What are the benefits?
- Complies with the Regulatory Reform (fire safety) Order 2005.
- Understand the importance of a fire marshal.
- Implement a fire emergency plan.
- Online training course conducted at your own pace – no previous experience required.
- IOSH Approved, CPD Certified and SCORM Compliant training.
- Fire Protection Association Member.
- The Institute of Fire Safety Managers Affiliate Member.
Who should take this course?
The RRFSO requires that a responsible person carries out a fire risk assessment and put in place appropriate fire safety measures, including ensuring fire marshal training if required. Our fire marshal training eLearning course is ideal for anyone who is nominated as a fire marshal or fire warden.
You do not need any previous or specialist knowledge to undertake fire marshal training.
Anyone can undergo fire warden training at all levels within an organisation, including directors, supervisors and managers, team leaders, admin and clerical employees. It is also suitable for new employees to increase fire safety awareness as part of their induction process.
The course duration is 25-30 minutes and the course can be completed online at your own pace.
Our accreditations mean you can be confident that we deliver high-quality, effective eLearning that forms part of a professional development programme.
We pride ourselves on our extensive certification and accreditation. We’re ISO 9001 quality management certified, CPD Certified and an IOSH Approved training provider.
We’re a Fire Protection Association Member and an Affiliate Member of the Institute of Fire Safety Managers (IFSM).
This course is SCORM compliant which means it can be integrated as part of your existing LMS or used as part of our SHINE learning management system.
Learn more about our health and safety accreditations.
Start your learning adventure
Created by experts. IOSH Approved. CPD Certified. Our fire, health and safety courses support your compliance training needs. We offer flexible eLearning options. Buy individual courses now and start learning. Or simply call us to discuss group discounts and enterprise pricing options.
Buy now – individual course
- Fully interactive – online learning
- Certified training – created by experts
- Perfect for smaller businesses and sole traders starting out
Call us – volume discount
- Save money – volume discounts
- Control – central dashboard
- Reporting – monitor training progress
- Ideal for mid-sized SMEs needing to deploy training at scale
Call us – Enterprise pricing
- Bespoke – tailored to your needs
- Comprehensive – over 50 courses
- Support – 1-2-1 account management
- Perfect for larger businesses needing a wide variety of training
Aims of the course
Our fire marshal training course helps you understand all aspects of fire safety in the workplace.
The course aims to make you aware of fire precautions and emergency arrangements, and how to prevent fires from occurring and spreading.
By completing our fire marshal training course, you will:
- Learn about the importance of fire safety.
- Understand the role of a fire marshal.
- Know how fires start and spread.
- Be able to identify potential fire hazards.
- Be aware of all aspects of fire safety.
- Learn how to prevent fires and what to do in an emergency.
- Learn about different types of fire-fighting equipment.
- Know how to implement a fire and emergency management plan.
1. Introduction – Learn why fires should be prevented from occurring, fire safety policies, key roles and responsibilities, and your fire responsibilities as a fire marshal or fire warden.
2. Understanding fire – Learn about combustion and sources of ignition such as combustible waste, common causes of fires, fire hazard exercises and how to prevent arson.
3. Fire action – Understand what to do in the event of a fire, ensure employee safety and your safety, how to effectively raise the alarm and what to do if you hear a fire alarm. Learn how to tackle a fire and judge whether it is safe to do so.
4. Evacuation – Learn about safe and effective evacuation in the event of a fire, the risk and dangers of delays and how to test evacuation procedures. Understand escape routes, the importance of fire safety doors and procedures relating to people with disabilities.
5. Fire-fighting equipment – Understand the different types of fire-fighting equipment, such as fire extinguishers and different classes of fire. You’ll learn about how to operate a fire extinguisher using the PASS method effectively.
Our fire marshal training course includes detailed summaries, interactive tools and exercises, and knowledge tests.
You’ll also be provided with an assessment and fire safety certificate following the successful completion of the fire warden training course.
Download our Fire Marshal course brochure.
Fully interactive. Clear and simple. Created by experts.
How is it delivered?
You can access the course through a web browser on a desktop or laptop PC. You’ll receive a dedicated log-in and training is undertaken at your own pace. You can save your progress and complete the course over several sessions. Online tests ensure information is understood, and you’ll receive a certificate on successful completion.
Our eLearning courses are a cost-effective way of delivering training across an organisation while complying with your organisation’s legal responsibilities.
We can integrate the fire marshal training online course into a SCORM compliant LMS at no extra charge.
SHINE – compliance record keeping
The Praxis42 Digital Platform SHINE is our advanced eLearning management system and helps organisations deliver effective online learning for their employees.
A cost-effective tool for compliance record-keeping, SHINE allows you to view and manage employee training records easily. Individual training certificates can be printed as proof of compliance for audits or visits from enforcing agencies.
What our clients say
From national pub chains to global insurance, our clients value our expertise and service.
Need further fire safety courses? Explore similar courses from our library.