IOSH Managing Safely
The IOSH Managing Safely course is the industry standard for health and safety management training for managers, supervisors and team leaders.
This course helps you understand all aspects of the health and safety requirements needed to implement an effective health and safety policy within an organisation.
Both nationally and internationally recognised, candidates who successfully complete the IOSH Managing Safely course are awarded the IOSH Managing Safely Certificate.
What are the benefits?
- Ensuring managers and organisations are compliant with health and safety legislation.
- Supporting employees at work by improving their wellbeing and morale.
- Reducing sick days and workplace injury risks.
- Developing management skills and expertise as part of management training and development.
- IOSH Approved, CPD Certified and SCORM Compliant training.
Who should take this course?
This course is ideal for managers who need to review their departmental safety systems, introduce new controls or implement changes to ensure health and safety in the workplace.
It is suitable for people new to health and safety as part of a management training programme, as well as experienced managers who are looking to keep up-to-date with the latest health and safety legislation.
You do not need any previous or specialist knowledge, and it is suitable for all types of organisations.
The course can take up to 24 hours to complete over a four-month period, but most people complete it in less time.
Our accreditations mean you can be confident that we deliver high-quality, effective eLearning that forms part of a professional development programme.
We pride ourselves on our extensive certification and accreditation. We’re ISO 9001 quality management certified, CPD Certified, and an IOSH Approved training provider.
This course is SCORM compliant which means it can be integrated as part of your existing LMS or used as part of our SHINE learning management system.
Learn more about our health and safety accreditations.
Start your learning adventure
Created by experts. IOSH Approved. CPD Certified. Our fire, health and safety courses support your compliance training needs. We offer flexible eLearning options. Buy individual courses now and start learning. Or simply call us to discuss group discounts and enterprise pricing options.
Buy now – individual course
- Fully interactive – online learning
- Certified training – created by experts
- Perfect for smaller businesses and sole traders starting out
Call us – volume discount
- Save money – volume discounts
- Control – central dashboard
- Reporting – monitor training progress
- Ideal for mid-sized SMEs needing to deploy training at scale
Call us – Enterprise pricing
- Bespoke – tailored to your needs
- Comprehensive – over 50 courses
- Support – 1-2-1 account management
- Perfect for larger businesses needing a wide variety of training
Aims of the course
The aim of this course is to provide delegates with the skills, techniques and knowledge to manage their health and safety responsibilities safely and effectively.
It includes practical examples and techniques that can be employed in the day-to-day management of an organisation, as well as a robust understanding of UK health and safety legislation.
The course comprises the following modules:
- Course administration
- Introduction to managing safely and general principles of management
- Assessing risks
- Controlling risks
- Understanding your responsibilities
- Identifying hazards
- Investigating accidents and incidents
- Measuring performance
- Protecting our environment
- Assessment and practical project
Each stage of the IOSH Managing Safely course includes detailed examples, interactive tools and exercises, and comprehensive tests to check understanding and chart progress.
Download our IOSH Managing Safely brochure.
Download our IOSH Managing Safely course brochure
Fully interactive. Clear and simple. Created by experts.
How is it delivered?
Our IOSH Managing Safely course is delivered through our SHINE eLearning platform.
Candidates can access the course through a web browser on a desktop or laptop PC.
Training is at your own pace, and each trainee is assigned a dedicated log-in. The course includes online modules and a practical project submitted at the end of the course.
SHINE – compliance record keeping
The Praxis42 Digital Platform SHINE is our advanced eLearning management system and helps organisations deliver effective online learning for their employees.
A cost-effective tool for compliance record-keeping, SHINE allows you to view and manage employee training records easily. Individual training certificates can be printed as proof of compliance for audits or visits from enforcing agencies.
What our clients say
From national pub chains to global insurance, our clients value our expertise and service.
Need further safety courses? Explore similar courses from our library.