Manual Handling in the Office
Do your employees have to lift, lower, carry, push or pull loads? If so, then the Manual Handling Operations Regulations will apply, and you must undertake a risk assessment as a result your employees will typically need awareness training.
Manual handling accidents account for over 38% of all lost time accidents at work and absence from work due to back pain is second only to the common cold. Manual handling operations are also a contributory factor in the large increase in slips, trips and falls in the workplace.
The Manual Handling in the Office course from Praxis42 helps trainees understand the requirements of working safely by following the Health and Safety Executive’s Guidance notes, ‘Getting to grips with manual handling – A short guide’ (INDG 143) and ‘Are you making the best use of lifting and handling aids?’ (INDG 398).
What are the benefits?
- Follows the guidance of the Health and Safety Executive.
- Reduces potential risks from manual handling.
- Meets health and safety obligations.
- Online training course conducted at your own pace – no previous experience required
- IOSH Approved, CPD Certified and SCORM Compliant training.
Who should take the course?
The course is aimed at all levels of employees who may undertake manual handling operations within an office environment. Developed by qualified and experienced health, safety and environment professionals who have many years of experience in the delivery of training solutions.
This course takes approximately 25 – 30 minutes to complete.
Our accreditations mean you can be confident that we deliver high-quality, effective eLearning that forms part of a professional development programme.
We pride ourselves on our extensive certification and accreditation. We’re ISO 9001 quality management certified, CPD Certified, and an IOSH Approved training provider.
This course is SCORM compliant which means it can be integrated as part of your existing LMS or used as part of our SHINE learning management system.
Learn more about our health and safety accreditations.
Start your learning adventure
Created by experts. IOSH Approved. CPD Certified. Our fire, health and safety courses support your compliance training needs. We offer flexible eLearning options. Buy individual courses now and start learning. Or simply call us to discuss group discounts and enterprise pricing options.
Buy now – individual course
- Fully interactive – online learning
- Certified training – created by experts
- Perfect for smaller businesses and sole traders starting out
Call us – volume discount
- Save money – volume discounts
- Control – central dashboard
- Reporting – monitor training progress
- Ideal for mid-sized SMEs needing to deploy training at scale
Call us – Enterprise pricing
- Bespoke – tailored to your needs
- Comprehensive – over 50 courses
- Support – 1-2-1 account management
- Perfect for larger businesses needing a wide variety of training
Aims of the course
Our Manual Handling in the Office course makes you aware of the risks from manual handling operations and how the risks can be managed within the office.
By completing our Manual Handling in the Office course, you will:
- Recognise common manual handling hazards that need to be assessed.
- Take positive actions to prevent injuries to yourself and others.
- Recognise the components that make up a suitable assessment.
- Select the most appropriate workplace precautions to control risks.
Download our Manual Handling Awareness brochure.
The course includes the following:
1. Introduction – regulations and organisation duties.
2. Defining the problem – what is manual handling, high risk tasks and common injuries.
3. Assessing – making an assessment and safety guidelines.
4. Reducing the risk – techniques for lifting, pushing and pulling.
Fully interactive. Clear and simple. Created by experts.
How is it delivered?
The Praxis42 Manual Handling Awareness course is designed to be delivered on an individual basis to all trainees. Using either a laptop or desktop, trainees can access the modules either online or through a computer network. All trainees also have the option of completing the course over multiple sessions by saving their progress and returning to it. Should you need it, we are also able to provide the Manual Handling Awareness Course in a format which can be integrated into a SCORM compliant learning management system.
SHINE – Compliance record keeping
The Praxis42 Digital Platform SHINE is our advanced eLearning management system and helps organisations deliver effective online learning for their employees.
A cost-effective tool for compliance record-keeping, SHINE allows you to view and manage employee training records easily. Individual training certificates can be printed as proof of compliance for audits or visits from enforcing agencies.
What our clients say
From national pub chains to global insurance, our clients value our expertise and service.
Need further safety courses? Explore similar courses from our library.