First Aid Appointed Person
Ensuring that there are adequate arrangements in place in case of accidents is an important part of an organisation’s emergency planning.
The provision of first aid in the workplace is not only a legal requirement but an essential element within a functioning health and safety management system and those who form part of the system must be trained and competent.
An appointed person is someone who is in charge of first aid arrangements. This includes looking after the equipment, facilities and calling the emergency services. An appointed person must always be available whenever people are at work.
A first aid appointed person will need to understand their responsibilities, know what they are authorised to do and how they can intervene to ensure that they make the right decisions and apply the principles of first aid.
Workplaces, where there are more significant health and safety risks, are more likely to need a trained first-aider. A first aid needs assessment will help employers decide what first aid arrangements are appropriate for their workplace.
An organisation may need more than one appointed person and they don’t need to have any formal training meaning this eLearning course is ideal to ensure employers and nominated personnel are fully aware of their roles and responsibilities.
What are the benefits?
- Understand the need for a first aid appointed person.
- Helps clarify the responsibilities of the appointed person.
- Trains appointed person to report incidents and accidents.
- Online training course conducted at your own pace – no previous experience required.
- IOSH Approved, CPD Certified and SCORM Compliant training.
Who should take this course?
First Aid Appointed Persons are required where employers have completed a first aid needs assessment in accordance with the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) guidelines and the outcome of which indicates that a First Aider is not necessary.
This is a 30-minute eLearning course
Our accreditations mean you can be confident that we deliver high-quality, effective eLearning that forms part of a professional development programme.
We pride ourselves on our extensive certification and accreditation. We’re ISO 9001 quality management certified, CPD Certified, and an IOSH Approved training provider.
This course is SCORM compliant which means it can be integrated as part of your existing LMS or used as part of our SHINE learning management system.
Learn more about our health and safety accreditations.
Start your learning adventure
Created by experts. IOSH Approved. CPD Certified. Our fire, health and safety courses support your compliance training needs. We offer flexible eLearning options. Buy individual courses now and start learning. Or simply call us to discuss group discounts and enterprise pricing options.
Buy now – individual course
- Fully interactive – online learning
- Certified training – created by experts
- Perfect for smaller businesses and sole traders starting out
Call us – volume discount
- Save money – volume discounts
- Control – central dashboard
- Reporting – monitor training progress
- Ideal for mid-sized SMEs needing to deploy training at scale
Call us – Enterprise pricing
- Bespoke – tailored to your needs
- Comprehensive – over 50 courses
- Support – 1-2-1 account management
- Perfect for larger businesses needing a wide variety of training
Aims of the course
‘First Aid Appointed Person’ aims to give the learner essential information needed to understand their responsibilities, know what they are authorised to do and how they can intervene to ensure that they make the right decisions and apply the principles of first aid.
At the end of the course learners will be able to:
- Describe the role of the Appointed Person.
- Explain what a typical first aid box should contain.
- Know what to do in an emergency.
- Appreciate the basic principles of first aid procedures.
- Describe accident and incidents reporting requirements.
The course includes the following:
- Responsibilities and definitions
- First aid equipment
- What to do in an emergency including CPR and calling the emergency services
- Accident and incident reporting
- End assessment
Download our First Aid Appointed Person course brochure
How is it delivered?
First Aid Appointed Person can be delivered online or through a computer network to their desktop or laptop or a device. The training can be completed at the learner’s own pace by ‘book marking’ and recording progress and returning to the training at a later stage.
In delivering the training in this way the normal costs of training are reduced whilst still achieving the desired awareness and compliance with the organisation’s legal responsibilities.
SHINE – compliance record keeping
The Praxis42 Digital Platform SHINE is our advanced eLearning management system and helps organisations deliver effective online learning for their employees.
A cost-effective tool for compliance record-keeping, SHINE allows you to view and manage employee training records easily. Individual training certificates can be printed as proof of compliance for audits or visits from enforcing agencies.
What our clients say
From national pub chains to global insurance, our clients value our expertise and service.
Need further health & safety courses? Explore similar courses from our library.