Lone Working Awareness
Lone workers are those who work by themselves without close or direct supervision. This includes those who work alone at a fixed base or outside normal working hours, who drive for a living, who work alone with the public or who visit other premises.
Lone workers are more vulnerable and at greater risk of violence and aggression. Providing supervision, education, training and control measures to protect lone workers is essential.
Our Lone Working Awareness course covers the precautions and positive actions you can take to ensure you are safe when working or intending to work alone in premises, travelling or when out and about.
This course focuses on the common hazards and risks associated with lone working, the legal requirements, and effective ways to control the risks to lone workers.
What are the benefits?
- Understand the importance of assessing and establishing safe systems of work for lone workers and lone working activities.
- Be familiar with dynamic risk assessments and recognise signs and behaviours that may prompt a dynamic risk assessment.
- Recognise what might appear to be a risky situation or location and implement systems to control the risks.
- Online training course that is taken at your own pace and suitable for all levels of an organisation.
- CPD Certified and SCORM Compliant training.
Who should take this course?
This course has been designed to help those who manage or employ lone workers, and well as lone workers themselves, understand the risks posed by lone working in order to implement safe systems of work.
You do not need any previous or specialist knowledge to undertake this course.
The course duration is 40-45 minutes and the course can be completed online at your own pace.
Our accreditations mean you can be confident that we deliver high-quality, effective eLearning that forms part of a professional development programme.
We pride ourselves on our extensive certification and accreditation. We’re CPD Certified and this course is SCORM compliant which means it can be integrated as part of your existing LMS or used as part of our SHINE learning management system.
Learn more about our health and safety accreditations.
Start your learning adventure
Created by experts. IOSH Approved. CPD Certified. Our fire, health and safety courses support your compliance training needs. We offer flexible eLearning options. Buy individual courses now and start learning. Or simply call us to discuss group discounts and enterprise pricing options.
Buy now – individual course
- Fully interactive – online learning
- Certified training – created by experts
- Perfect for smaller businesses and sole traders starting out
Call us – volume discount
- Save money – volume discounts
- Control – central dashboard
- Reporting – monitor training progress
- Ideal for mid-sized SMEs needing to deploy training at scale
Call us – Enterprise pricing
- Bespoke – tailored to your needs
- Comprehensive – over 50 courses
- Support – 1-2-1 account management
- Perfect for larger businesses needing a wide variety of training
Aim of the course
By completing our Lone Working Awareness course, you will be able to:
- Appreciate that working alone is safe when assessed and systems are in place.
- Understand your role in assessing and establishing safe systems of work.
- Appreciate the need to undertake dynamic risk assessments.
- Recognise signs and behaviours that may prompt a dynamic risk assessment.
- Know what to do in what might appear to be a risky situation or location.
- Recognise typical means of reducing risk when working alone.
- Understand the importance of incident reporting.
This course includes the following:
- Introduction – overview of lone working and why managing lone working is important.
- Lone working and risk – what is a hazard, dynamic risk assessments and what needs to be considered.
- Common hazards – including personal safety, fire and wellbeing.
- Controlling the risk – safe systems of work.
- Case Studies
Our Lone Working course includes summaries, interactive tools and exercises and comprehensive tests to enhance learning.
Lone working certification: you’ll also be provided with an assessment and a Lone Working certificate on the successful completion of the course.
Download our Lone Working Awareness course brochure
Fully interactive. Clear and simple. Created by experts.
How is it delivered?
Our Lone Working Awareness course is delivered by web browser or computer network on a desktop PC, laptop and mobile device. The training course can be completed at the employees’ own pace by recording their progress and returning to the training at a later stage.
In delivering the training in this way, the normal costs of training are reduced whilst still achieving the desired awareness and compliance with the organisation’s obligations. At the end of the training, the employee will complete an assessment to ensure that they have familiarised themselves with the key aspects of the training.
This course is SCORM compliant for use in a learning management system (LMS).
SHINE – compliance record keeping
The Praxis42 Digital Platform SHINE is our advanced eLearning management system and helps organisations deliver effective online learning for their employees.
A cost-effective tool for compliance record-keeping, SHINE allows you to view and manage employee training records easily. Individual training certificates can be printed as proof of compliance for audits or visits from enforcing agencies.
What our clients say
From national pub chains to global insurance, our clients value our expertise and service.
Need further safety courses? Explore similar courses from our library.