Health and Safety Induction
Employees who are new to an organisation, or who are young people, suffer more accidents and ill health than the rest of the working population. Induction training and orientation in the workplace is essential to protect employees.
The Health and Safety Induction course we have developed provides an interactive experience for trainees to learn the basic elements of health, safety and environment in the workplace, how they can be involved in risk assessments and what to look out for at work. The course is ideally suited as part of an ‘Induction’ package and also as a start point for employees to attend other specific courses.
The Health and Safety Induction course from Praxis42 helps employees stay safe and healthy at work by helping them recognise common hazards, how to act in certain situations, what is expected of them, what can cause harm at work and how they can contribute positively to improve the performance of the organisation.
What are the benefits?
- Learn the basic elements of health and safety in the workplace.
- Learn the importance of risk assessments.
- Recognise the part everyone plays in the health and safety of the workplace.
- Online training course conducted at your own pace – no previous experience required.
- IOSH Approved, CPD Certified and SCORM Compliant training.
Who should take this course?
The course has been developed for all levels of employees entering an organisation and starting their induction process. The aim is to enable employees to undertake their jobs safely and reduce the heightened risk that new and young employees face.
This course takes approximately 1.5 – 2 hours to complete.
Our accreditations mean you can be confident that we deliver high-quality, effective eLearning that forms part of a professional development programme.
We pride ourselves on our extensive certification and accreditation. We’re ISO 9001 quality management certified, CPD Certified, and an IOSH Approved training provider.
This course is SCORM compliant which means it can be integrated as part of your existing LMS or used as part of our SHINE learning management system.
Learn more about our health and safety accreditations.
Start your learning adventure
Created by experts. IOSH Approved. CPD Certified. Our fire, health and safety courses support your compliance training needs. We offer flexible eLearning options. Buy individual courses now and start learning. Or simply call us to discuss group discounts and enterprise pricing options.
Buy now – individual course
- Fully interactive – online learning
- Certified training – created by experts
- Perfect for smaller businesses and sole traders starting out
Call us – volume discount
- Save money – volume discounts
- Control – central dashboard
- Reporting – monitor training progress
- Ideal for mid-sized SMEs needing to deploy training at scale
Call us – Enterprise pricing
- Bespoke – tailored to your needs
- Comprehensive – over 50 courses
- Support – 1-2-1 account management
- Perfect for larger businesses needing a wide variety of training
Aims of the course
Health and Safety Induction aims to give employees the essential information they need to work safely. The course follows a nationally recognised syllabus where at the end of the training trainees will be able to:
- Understand their responsibilities for health, safety and environmental issues in the workplace.
- Recognise the part they can play in securing the health and safety of themselves and others.
- Improve the safety performance of the organisation by recognising hazards and risks and knowing what to do.
- Ensure accidents and incidents are reported and take part in finding solutions to prevent a re-occurrence.
- Recognise common hazards in the workplace and know what to do to prevent accidents.
- Appreciate the importance of safe behaviours and a positive health, safety and environment.
Download our Health and Safety Induction course brochure
Fully interactive. Clear and simple. Created by experts.
How is it delivered?
The Praxis42 Health and Safety Induction is offered as an online course that is delivered either online or through a computer network. Due to this convenient delivery format, individuals can use their own laptop or desktop to access the modules and complete the course at their own pace.
By investing in our eLearning course, you can deliver training in a far more cost-effective way while still complying with your legal obligations as an organisation and achieving the desired level of employee awareness. To ensure that all of your employees are trained to the same standard, no matter how big or small your organisation is, we are also happy to provide this course to be integrated into a SCORM compliant learning management system.
SHINE – compliance record keeping
The Praxis42 Digital Platform SHINE is our advanced eLearning management system and helps organisations deliver effective online learning for their employees.
A cost-effective tool for compliance record-keeping, SHINE allows you to view and manage employee training records easily. Individual training certificates can be printed as proof of compliance for audits or visits from enforcing agencies.
What our clients say
From national pub chains to global insurance, our clients value our expertise and service.
Need further health & safety courses? Explore similar courses from our library.