Martyn’s Law (Protect Duty) Awareness
Figen Murray, the mother of Martyn Hett, who tragically lost his life in the 2017 Manchester Arena attack, led a campaign that resulted in the draft of Martyn’s Law to enhance safety.
Martyn’s Law, also known as the “Protect Duty” (currently drafted as Terrorism (Protection of Premises) Act 2023), is a proposed piece of legislation in the United Kingdom aimed at enhancing security measures at public venues and spaces.
Our Martyn’s Law (Protect Duty) Awareness eLearning course aims to educate individuals on the principles and requirements of the Protect Duty legislation, emphasising the importance of risk assessment, implementation of security measures, and preparedness for potential terrorist threats to enhance public safety.
What are the benefits?
- Provides awareness for what to expect from the pending legislation.
- Highlights control measures organisations should consider to be compliant.
- Online training course conducted at your own pace – no previous experience required.
- CPD Certified and SCORM compliant training.
Who is it for?
This course is designed for anyone who needs to understand the implications of the impending legislation and the requirements organisations need to take to be compliant.
Organisations in scope to be impacted include:
- Premises and events that are accessible to the public (a publicly accessible location).
- Premises used for a purpose listed in the Bill (such as entertainment and leisure).
- Any venue with a capacity of 100 people or more.
- Temporary events that have express permission to enter and a capacity of 800 or more individuals.
This course takes approximately 30 minutes to complete.
Our accreditations mean you can be confident that we deliver high-quality, effective eLearning that forms part of a professional development programme.
We pride ourselves on our extensive certification and accreditation. We’re CPD Certified and this course is SCORM compliant which means it can be integrated as part of your existing LMS or used as part of our SHINE learning management system.
Learn more about our health and safety accreditations.
Start your learning adventure
Created by experts. IOSH Approved. CPD Certified. Our fire, health and safety courses support your compliance training needs. We offer flexible eLearning options. Buy individual courses now and start learning. Or simply call us to discuss group discounts and enterprise pricing options.
Buy now – individual course
- Fully interactive – online learning
- Certified training – created by experts
- Perfect for smaller businesses and sole traders starting out
Call us – volume discount
- Save money – volume discounts
- Control – central dashboard
- Reporting – monitor training progress
- Ideal for mid-sized SMEs needing to deploy training at scale
Call us – Enterprise pricing
- Bespoke – tailored to your needs
- Comprehensive – over 50 courses
- Support – 1-2-1 account management
- Perfect for larger businesses needing a wide variety of training
Aims of the course
Our Martyn’s Law (Protect Duty) Awareness training is designed to educate individuals about the principles and requirements of the Protect Duty legislation.
By completing our Martyn’s Law (Protect Duty) Awareness course you’ll be able to:
- Understand how Martyn’s Law was created and why.
- Recognise effective security measures organisations can take.
- Understand your responsibilities based around Martyn’s Law.
- Understand how to prepare for an event and what to do after an event.
This course includes the following:
- Martyn’s Law overview: what is Martyn’s Law, who does the duty impact, publicly accessible locations.
- Requirements for organisations: requirements for measures, how compliance will be measured, internal and external risk context, how to prepare, what happens in an investigation.
- Implementing protective measures: implementing protective measures, following an event.
- Case study: an example of an organisation reviewing their Martyn’s Law duties.
Our Martyn’s Law (Protect Duty) Awareness course includes summaries, interactive tools and exercises, and comprehensive tests to enhance learning.
You’ll also be provided with a certificate on the successful completion of the course.
Download our Martyn’s Law (Protect Duty) Awareness course brochure
Fully interactive. Clear and simple. Created by experts.
How is it delivered?
The course is delivered through an eLearning platform either online or through a computer network which trainees can access from their own laptop or desktop. Each trainee can work through the modules at their own speed as they have the option of saving their progress and completing the course over multiple sessions. We are also able to integrate the course into a SCORM compliant learning management system.
SHINE – compliance record keeping
The Praxis42 Digital Platform SHINE is our advanced eLearning management system and helps organisations deliver effective online learning for their employees.
A cost-effective tool for compliance record-keeping, SHINE allows you to view and manage employee training records easily. Individual training certificates can be printed as proof of compliance for audits or visits from enforcing agencies.
Explore similar courses from our library.
What our clients say
From national pub chains to global insurance, our clients value our expertise and service.