Safeguarding Children and Young People
The World Health Organisation estimates that there are millions of minors across the world that suffer physical, emotional, or sexual violence.
In the UK we are not immune and Safeguarding training is essential for anyone who might come into contact with children, either at work or as a volunteer.
Many children that are abused by an adult never tell anyone which makes it vital that everyone who comes into contact with children is able to spot the warning signs, symptoms, indicators or pick up clues and respond appropriately and in a timely manner.
The Safeguarding Children and Young People course provides employees with the awareness and tools necessary to identify warning signs and clues that a child may be at risk or abused and what then to do.
What are the benefits?
- Recognise the signs of child abuse.
- Learn about what action you can take to help.
- Online training course conducted at your own pace – no previous experience required.
- IOSH Approved, CPD Certified and SCORM Compliant training.
Who should take this course?
The course has been developed for all levels of employees in an organisation who may come into contact with children.
The course duration is 45 minutes.
Our accreditations mean you can be confident that we deliver high-quality, effective eLearning that forms part of a professional development programme.
We pride ourselves on our extensive certification and accreditation. We’re ISO 9001 quality management certified, CPD Certified, and an IOSH Approved training provider.
This course is SCORM compliant which means it can be integrated as part of your existing LMS or used as part of our SHINE learning management system.
Learn more about our health and safety accreditations.
Start your learning adventure
Created by experts. IOSH Approved. CPD Certified. Our fire, health and safety courses support your compliance training needs. We offer flexible eLearning options. Buy individual courses now and start learning. Or simply call us to discuss group discounts and enterprise pricing options.
Buy now – individual course
- Fully interactive – online learning
- Certified training – created by experts
- Perfect for smaller businesses and sole traders starting out
Call us – volume discount
- Save money – volume discounts
- Control – central dashboard
- Reporting – monitor training progress
- Ideal for mid-sized SMEs needing to deploy training at scale
Call us – Enterprise pricing
- Bespoke – tailored to your needs
- Comprehensive – over 50 courses
- Support – 1-2-1 account management
- Perfect for larger businesses needing a wide variety of training
Aims of the course
This course is to help understand the importance of safeguarding children and young people as well as how to identify someone at risk and how to report this appropriately within your organisation.
At the end of the training trainees will be able to:
- Explain what safeguarding is.
- Describe the types of abuse children and young people can be subjected to.
- Identify the signs of abuse.
- Describe the other key risks a child may face.
- Explain how and where to report concerns.
- Types of abuse
- Other risks
- Reporting issues
Download our Safeguarding Children and Young People course brochure
Fully interactive. Clear and simple. Created by experts.
How is it delivered?
Safeguarding can be delivered online or through a computer network to each trainee at their desktop, laptop or device. The training can be completed at the employees’ own pace by ‘book marking’ and recording progress and returning to the training at a later stage.
In delivering the training in this way the normal cost of training is reduced whilst still achieving the desired awareness and compliance with the organisation’s obligations. At the end of the training the trainee will complete an assessment.
SHINE – compliance record keeping
The Praxis42 Digital Platform SHINE is our advanced eLearning management system and helps organisations deliver effective online learning for their employees.
A cost-effective tool for compliance record-keeping, SHINE allows you to view and manage employee training records easily. Individual training certificates can be printed as proof of compliance for audits or visits from enforcing agencies.
What our clients say
From national pub chains to global insurance, our clients value our expertise and service.
Need further wellbeing courses? Explore similar courses from our library.