The Construction Design and Management Regulations (CDM) have been in place for over a quarter of a century and have, over time, reframed how construction activities are undertaken into a well-designed, planned, considered, risk-based management approach.
The regulations, approved code of practice and guidance provide a structure that clients and duty holders can follow to ensure that construction projects are run successfully and reduce harm to workers and others who might be impacted otherwise.
CDM Awareness training from Praxis42 helps duty holders and stakeholders better understand CDM in construction projects and the key elements of the process.
What are the benefits?
- Trains employees about key information in CDM.
- Trains employees to workly safely and efficiently.
- Educates employees on the need for CDM.
- Online training course conducted at your own pace – no previous experience required
- IOSH Approved, CPD Certified and SCORM Compliant training.
Who should take this course?
Clients and other duty holders who need an overview and awareness of CDM.
This CDM awareness training course takes approximately 30 minutes to complete.
Our accreditations mean you can be confident that we deliver high-quality, effective eLearning that forms part of a professional development programme.
We pride ourselves on our extensive certification and accreditation. We’re CPD Certified and this course is SCORM compliant which means it can be integrated as part of your existing LMS or used as part of our SHINE learning management system.
Learn more about our health and safety accreditations.
Start your learning adventure
Created by experts. IOSH Approved. CPD Certified. Our fire, health and safety courses support your compliance training needs. We offer flexible eLearning options. Buy individual courses now and start learning. Or simply call us to discuss group discounts and enterprise pricing options.
Buy now – individual course
- Fully interactive – online learning
- Certified training – created by experts
- Perfect for smaller businesses and sole traders starting out
Call us – volume discount
- Save money – volume discounts
- Control – central dashboard
- Reporting – monitor training progress
- Ideal for mid-sized SMEs needing to deploy training at scale
Call us – Enterprise pricing
- Bespoke – tailored to your needs
- Comprehensive – over 50 courses
- Support – 1-2-1 account management
- Perfect for larger businesses needing a wide variety of training
Aims of the course
CDM Awareness provides an overview of the main aspects of design and management that need to be considered in construction projects. At the end of the course learners will be able to:
- Define key terms used in CDM.
- Recognise the need to appoint Duty Holders and what their roles are in construction projects.
- Appreciate the principles of prevention and control.
- Appreciate the importance of design, planning, gathering of information, the use of pre-qualifications and the purpose of the clients’ brief.
- Understand the criteria for notifiable projects.
- Understand the need to develop a pre-construction phase plan and implement it.
- Appreciate that a health and safety file is required where there is a need to pass on safety-critical information about the built structure or premises.
- Recognise ‘Schedule 3 risks’.
- Recognise the main components of a safe site including induction training and securing access.
- Introduction and background
- What are the CDM Regulations
- Key elements of CDM
- Duty holders’ responsibilities
- Notifiable Projects
- When does CDM apply?
- Pre-qualification questionnaire
- The client brief
- Pre-construction information
- Construction phase plan
- Health and Safety file
- Safe sites, including site organisation and induction, welfare facilities, vehicle movements, excavations and work underground, demolition, emergencies
- End assessment
Download our CDM Awareness course brochure
Fully interactive. Clear and simple. Created by experts.
How is it delivered?
CDM Awareness can be delivered online or through a computer network to their desktop or laptop or device. The training can be completed at the learner’s own pace by bookmarking and recording progress and returning to the training at a later stage.
In delivering the training in this way the normal costs of training are reduced whilst still achieving the desired awareness and compliance with the organisation’s legal responsibilities.
Compliance record keeping instantly solved
The Praxis42 Digital Platform SHINE is our advanced eLearning management system and helps organisations deliver effective online learning for their employees.
A cost-effective tool for compliance record-keeping, SHINE allows you to view and manage employee training records easily. Individual training certificates can be printed as proof of compliance for audits or visits from enforcing agencies.
What our clients say
From national pub chains to global insurance, our clients value our expertise and service.
Need further courses? Explore similar courses from our library.