Abrasive Wheels Awareness
Abrasive wheels are used for a variety of tasks across different industries because of their ability to perform precision material removal and finishing operations.
Correct use of abrasive wheels is vital to prevent accidents, injuries, and damage in the workplace. Operators and employers must adhere to safety guidelines and practices covered under the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (or P.U.W.E.R).
Our Abrasive Wheels Awareness eLearning course is designed to equip individuals with essential knowledge and skills to safely handle and operate abrasive wheels.
What are the benefits?
- Compliments practical training to reinforce learning of hazards and control measures.
- Teaches employees the importance of competency when using abrasive wheels.
- Follows HSE guidance under ‘Safety in the use of abrasive wheels’.
- Online training course conducted at your own pace – no previous experience required.
- CPD Certified and SCORM Compliant training.
Who should take this course?
This course is designed for anyone who uses abrasive wheels in their work activities, those working in industries such as (but not limited to):
- Construction and building trades.
- Glass production.
- Stone and quarrying.
- Automotive repair and maintenance.
This course is intended to compliment hands-on training and is not a substitute for practical training.
The course takes approximately 30 minutes to complete.
Our accreditations mean you can be confident that we deliver high-quality, effective eLearning that forms part of a professional development programme.
We pride ourselves on our extensive certification and accreditation. We’re CPD Certified and this course is SCORM compliant which means it can be integrated as part of your existing LMS or used as part of our SHINE learning management system.
Learn more about our health and safety accreditations.
Start your learning adventure
Created by experts. IOSH Approved. CPD Certified. Our fire, health and safety courses support your compliance training needs. We offer flexible eLearning options. Buy individual courses now and start learning. Or simply call us to discuss group discounts and enterprise pricing options.
Buy now – individual course
- Fully interactive – online learning
- Certified training – created by experts
- Perfect for smaller businesses and sole traders starting out
Call us – volume discount
- Save money – volume discounts
- Control – central dashboard
- Reporting – monitor training progress
- Ideal for mid-sized SMEs needing to deploy training at scale
Call us – Enterprise pricing
- Bespoke – tailored to your needs
- Comprehensive – over 50 courses
- Support – 1-2-1 account management
- Perfect for larger businesses needing a wide variety of training
Aims of the course
Our Abrasive Wheels Awareness eLearning course provide awareness, knowledge, and insights into the safe use of abrasive wheels in the workplace.
PLEASE NOTE: this course is not a substitute for practical training. There is no substitute for thorough practical training in all aspects of the mounting and use of abrasive wheels.
In addition to this course, practical training is required.
By completing our Abrasive Wheels Awareness course you’ll be able to:
- Define abrasive wheels and their common applications.
- Identify different types of abrasive wheels and their specific uses.
- Understand the potential hazards and risks associated with abrasive wheel use.
- Identify techniques for the safe use of abrasive wheels.
The course includes the following:
- Introduction to abrasive wheels: what abrasive wheels are, types of abrasive wheels and grinding materials, abrasive wheel markings and choosing the right wheel.
- Abrasive wheel safety: hazards and risks associated with abrasive wheels, employer and employee responsibilities.
- Safe practice for abrasive wheels: inspecting abrasive wheels, correct handling and storage, mounting abrasive wheels, guards, PPE.
Our Abrasive Wheels Awareness course includes summaries, interactive tools and exercises, and comprehensive tests on the successful completion of the course.
Download our Abrasive Wheels Awareness course brochure
Fully interactive. Clear and simple. Created by experts.
How is it delivered?
Abrasive Wheels Awareness eLearning can be delivered online or through a computer network to each trainee at their desktop, laptop or mobile device. We can also provide the course to be integrated into a SCORM compliant LMS. The training can be completed at the employee’s own pace by “bookmarking” and recording progress and returning to the training at a later time. In delivering the training in this way, the normal cost of training is reduced, whilst still achieving the desired awareness and compliance with the organisation’s legal responsibilities. At the end of the training, the trainee will complete an assessment.
SHINE – compliance record keeping made easy
The Praxis42 Digital Platform SHINE is our advanced eLearning management system and helps organisations deliver effective online learning for their employees.
A cost-effective tool for compliance record-keeping, SHINE allows you to view and manage employee training records easily. Individual training certificates can be printed as proof of compliance for audits or visits from enforcing agencies.
What our clients say
From national pub chains to global insurance, our clients value our expertise and service.
Need further courses? Explore similar courses from our library.