IOSH Managing Safely FAQs

Frequently asked questions relating to the IOSH Managing Safely course and qualification.

What is IOSH Managing Safely?

IOSH Managing Safely training is for those with significant health and safety responsibility within an organisation. It is the industry standard course.

What is an IOSH qualification?

IOSH is the Institution of Occupational Safety, the chartered body for health and safety. An IOSH qualification is a highly regarded accreditation.

What is a Level 1 health and safety course?

A Level 1 health and safety course equips learners with the knowledge to identify hazards and to put measures in place to reduce risks.

What is Level 2 health and safety in the workplace course?

Level 2 workplace health and safety enables employees to identify and mitigate a wide range of workplace hazards including manual handling, ergonomics, working at height and more. Our Health and Safety Awareness course is suitable for employees, managers and business owners.

What is Level 4 health and safety qualification?

Level 4 health and safety training is a comprehensive course covering legislation, risk assessment and management, incident investigating, health and safety management systems, emergency planning and response, and much more. Our Health and Safety Awareness course is suitable for those with significant health and safety responsibilities in their organisation.

Can you do a health and safety course online?

Most health and safety training can be completed online at an employer and employee’s convenience. Some training must be undertaken alongside practical face-to-face training, for example, First Aid.

What is the role of management in safety and health?

Management is responsible for establishing and maintaining a safe working environment. This includes identifying and assessing risks, implementing appropriate control measures, providing adequate training and resources, updating policies and procedures and promoting a culture of safety within the organisation.

How do I report a workplace accident or incident?

Reports to the HSE can either be made online via telephone (0845 300 9923). Reports must only be made for reportable incidents or injuries.

Who should report a workplace accident?

Under RIDDOR, it is the employer, self-employed people or the ‘Responsible Person’ which are required to report serious workplace accidents, diseases and dangerous occurrences.