Kurt Geiger had an established approach to fire, health, and safety, but identified there was a need to better measure and provide essential compliance information and training, using technology to improve efficiency, as well as raise competence and compliance across the organisation.
Establishing a partnership with a credible consultancy business was obviously important to Kurt Geiger and a good cultural fit was one of the criteria in selecting Praxis42. In addition to the strategic support with delivering management information, the ability to deliver assessments and audits across the UK and Republic of Ireland estate was essential in supporting local managers and ensuring compliance in a dynamic business environment.
Praxis42 were appointed as Consulting partner to Kurt Geiger, as part of their Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) continuous improvement approach. The delivery of fire, health and safety (FHS) compliance was reviewed to include additional consulting support from a retail sector specialist, at a strategic and tactical level.
The solutions provided by Praxis42 included:
- Online accident reporting and investigation.
- Store and concessions weekly inspection compliance reporting.
- IOSH approved bespoke induction and awareness eLearning.
- A store portal that holds a central repository of FHS information and compliance documents.
- An annual store visit by a qualified consultant.
- Store fire risk assessments and general assessments.
- A review of Asbestos Containing Materials condition.
- An access to goods and services Equality Act audit.
- A Legionella risk assessment.
- Active action plan of findings to be resolved.
- Auto email compliance reminders.
Comment from the Retail Director responsible for ESG performance, Ross Warden:
“Having the ability to see how compliance is being achieved and to have real-time management information, which senior management can use to take appropriate action and share with stakeholders, makes me feel more confident and assured that I am fulfilling my responsibilities and those placed on the business.
This doesn’t lead me or the management team to become complacent but provides the platform to develop a continuous improvement approach to ESG. Praxis42 understands how a compliance programme is delivered and supports me at a strategic level, with insights and help with what often appears a complex subject, with pragmatic clear guidance, advice and solutions”.
If you would like to speak to us about your organisations specific needs and how we could help and support you, then please do get in touch with our expert team today on 0203 011 4242 or email us on [email protected].