Stress Awareness for Managers
There is a legal requirement placed on employers to ensure that stress in the workplace is properly managed and that a risk assessment is undertaken. Managers are most likely to undertake the risk assessment and manage stress in the workplace and therefore need to be properly equipped to do so.
A recent survey by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) on absence management found that respondents cited management style as one of the top three causes of work-related stress.
About 1 in 5 people say they find their work either very or extremely stressful and over half a million people believe that work-related stress actually made them ill. On average, a case of stress-related ill health leads to 29 working days being lost and in one recent year, a total of 13.4 million working days were lost to either stress, depression or anxiety.
Stress Awareness for Managers training from Praxis42 can help managers and supervisors to recognise the common causes of stress. It also informs them of the positive actions they can take to better manage stress, by using a risk assessment approach.
The training uses a best practice approach and the latest guidance concerning management competencies and behaviours.
What are the benefits?
- Helps managers learn about stress and employee stress.
- Discover what positive actions to introduce into the workplace.
- Understand legal responsibilities for managing workplace stress.
- Online training course conducted at your own pace – no previous experience required.
- IOSH Approved, CPD Certified and SCORM Compliant training.
Who should take this course?
The course has been developed for managers and supervisors at all levels in the organisation to ensure they have the necessary underpinning knowledge to be able to manage stress successfully in their area of responsibility.
This course takes approximately 25 – 30 minutes to complete.
Our accreditations mean you can be confident that we deliver high-quality, effective eLearning that forms part of a professional development programme.
We pride ourselves on our extensive certification and accreditation. We’re ISO 9001 quality management certified, CPD Certified, and an IOSH Approved training provider.
This course is SCORM compliant which means it can be integrated as part of your existing LMS or used as part of our SHINE learning management system.
Learn more about our health and safety accreditations.
Start your learning adventure
Created by experts. IOSH Approved. CPD Certified. Our fire, health and safety courses support your compliance training needs. We offer flexible eLearning options. Buy individual courses now and start learning. Or simply call us to discuss group discounts and enterprise pricing options.
Buy now – individual course
- Fully interactive – online learning
- Certified training – created by experts
- Perfect for smaller businesses and sole traders starting out
Call us – volume discount
- Save money – volume discounts
- Control – central dashboard
- Reporting – monitor training progress
- Ideal for mid-sized SMEs needing to deploy training at scale
Call us – Enterprise pricing
- Bespoke – tailored to your needs
- Comprehensive – over 50 courses
- Support – 1-2-1 account management
- Perfect for larger businesses needing a wide variety of training
Aims of the course
Stress Awareness for Managers aims to provide managers with a better understanding of the causes of stress, the positive actions that can be taken to manage stress and their responsibilities as a manager.
At the end of the training trainees will be able to:
- Describe the difference between stress and pressure
- Appreciate the common causes of stress in the workplace and outside of work
- Recognise the signs and symptoms of stress in both themselves and others
- Appreciate that stress can affect people in three main ways
- Recognise the actions and strategies that can be applied to manage stress
- Appreciate that there are six headings in the stress management standards that should form part of a risk assessment
- Appreciate that line managers are the primary point for stress management
- Describe the management competencies in the CIPD and HSE joint publication
Download our Stress Awareness for Managers course brochure
Fully interactive. Clear and simple. Created by experts.
How is it delivered?
Our Stress Awareness for Managers course is delivered in an eLearning format and can be provided online or through a computer network –individuals can then use their own electronic device to gain access.
To ensure that trainees have as much time as they need to complete the modules, they can save their progress and return to it at a later time.
SHINE – compliance record keeping
The Praxis42 Digital Platform SHINE is our advanced eLearning management system and helps organisations deliver effective online learning for their employees.
A cost-effective tool for compliance record-keeping, SHINE allows you to view and manage employee training records easily. Individual training certificates can be printed as proof of compliance for audits or visits from enforcing agencies.
What our clients say
From national pub chains to global insurance, our clients value our expertise and service.
Need further wellbeing courses? Explore similar courses from our library.