By improving environmental awareness, everyone in the organisation can contribute to the reduction of impacts on the environment and play a positive part in the future of our environment. Did you know that between 1970 and 2004, total carbon dioxide emissions fell by 18%?
Much of this decline has come from a reduction in emissions attributable to industry which declined by 49% since 1970. Emissions caused by domestic users have declined by 22% since 1970, but those attributable to transport have more than doubled! So based on these statistics, impacts on the environment can actually be reduced if there is a desire to do so.
Our Environmental Awareness course helps managers and employees understand the issues surrounding environmental impacts and what can be done in the workplace to improve an organisation’s environmental performance.
This course highlights the main issues that face organisations in their attempts to better manage their environmental risks, and the part that managers and employees can play in meeting their organisation’s obligations and lessening impacts on the environment.
What are the benefits?
- Educates individuals about an organisation’s impact on the environment.
- Offers ways to improve processes and environmental impact.
- Trains employees and managers on how to manage environmental risks.
- Online training course conducted at your own pace – no previous experience required.
- IOSH Approved, CPD Certified and SCORM Compliant training.
Who should take this course?
The course is aimed at all levels of employees who are required to understand and effectively control the risks which may impact on the environment. It also provides employees with the awareness to help meet their responsibilities.
This course takes approximately 45 minutes to complete.
Our accreditations mean you can be confident that we deliver high-quality, effective eLearning that forms part of a professional development programme.
We pride ourselves on our extensive certification and accreditation. We’re ISO 9001 quality management certified, CPD Certified, and an IOSH Approved training provider.
This course is SCORM compliant which means it can be integrated as part of your existing LMS or used as part of our SHINE learning management system.
Learn more about our health and safety accreditations.
Start your learning adventure
Created by experts. IOSH Approved. CPD Certified. Our fire, health and safety courses support your compliance training needs. We offer flexible eLearning options. Buy individual courses now and start learning. Or simply call us to discuss group discounts and enterprise pricing options.
Buy now – individual course
- Fully interactive – online learning
- Certified training – created by experts
- Perfect for smaller businesses and sole traders starting out
Call us – volume discount
- Save money – volume discounts
- Control – central dashboard
- Reporting – monitor training progress
- Ideal for mid-sized SMEs needing to deploy training at scale
Call us – Enterprise pricing
- Bespoke – tailored to your needs
- Comprehensive – over 50 courses
- Support – 1-2-1 account management
- Perfect for larger businesses needing a wide variety of training
Aims of the course
This course will explore:
- The main issues that impact the environment and what governments, agencies and individuals are doing to improve these risks.
- How your actions at work provide the trainee with an awareness of the environment, explain how their actions at work can affect it and what they can do to reduce environmental impacts.
With this aim in mind, Praxis42 believe that the module could form part of the training requirement described within the Environmental Management System Standard ISO 14001.
Download our Environmental Awareness course brochure
Fully interactive. Clear and simple. Created by experts.
How is it delivered?
Our Environmental Awareness course is delivered through our SHINE eLearning platform.
Candidates can access the course through a web browser on a desktop or laptop PC.
Training is at your own pace, and each trainee is assigned a dedicated log-in. The course includes online modules and a practical project submitted at the end of the course.
SHINE – compliance record keeping
The Praxis42 Digital Platform SHINE is our advanced eLearning management system and helps organisations deliver effective online learning for their employees.
A cost-effective tool for compliance record-keeping, SHINE allows you to view and manage employee training records easily. Individual training certificates can be printed as proof of compliance for audits or visits from enforcing agencies.
What our clients say
From national pub chains to global insurance, our clients value our expertise and service.
Need further courses? Explore similar courses from our library.