Fire, Health and Safety Risk Assessor
Job title: Fire, Health and Safety Risk Assessor
To support our clients in fulfilling their fire, health & safety compliance responsibilities.
To achieve this purpose, the Fire, Health & Safety Risk Assessor will be responsible for the following:
- Providing advice and guidance on fire, health & safety matters to clients.
- Undertaking Health and Safety risk assessments, gap analysis and audits for clients.
- Undertaking fire risk assessments, compiling emergency evacuation plans and PEEPS for client’s premises.
- Maintaining a high degree of health & safety and fire competency. Continuing to develop working knowledge of relevant current practices, codes, and guides, through personal reading, participation in CPD events, online forums, and participation of relevant training courses.
- Supporting any Praxis42, or client project as they occur.
- Delivering a range of other services to our clients, including Health & Safety policy & procedure reviews, Food Safety and DSE assessments.
- Developing and maintaining excellent client and colleague relationships and ensuring a high-quality service delivery.
- Monitoring the management of fire, health & safety risk in client operations.
- Completing thorough written reports against the client or internal service level agreement.
- Meeting Praxis42 quality and performance standards.
- Mentoring other employees to achieve their best and develop their skills.
- Promoting and adhering to the Praxis42 values and behaviours: Friendly and Reliable, Pragmatic and Expert.
- Undertaking any other reasonable duties as required.
- Complying with individual responsibilities for health and safety in the workplace including taking action to reduce the risk to self and others and contributing to the maintenance of a healthy and safe working environment.
- Ensuring that all duties and services are provided in accordance with Praxis42’s standards, policies, and procedures.
- NEBOSH Health and Safety General Certificate or equivalent.
- NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety, or FC1, Fire Safety and Risk Management, and FC2, Practical Fire Risk Assessment, or equivalent.
- Experience in DSE assessments is desirable, but not essential.
- Experience in Food Safety is desirable, but not essential.
- Holding the status of Tech IOSH or higher is desirable, but not essential.
- Membership of the Institute of Fire Safety Managers (IFSM) or equivalent.
- On the IFSM Tiered Fire Risk Assessors Register (TFRAR) or Nationally Accredited Fire Risk Assessors Register (NAFRAR), or equivalent.
- Ability to hold an autonomous role with excellent time management.
- Requirement to travel and undertake occasional overnight stays.
- Capable of producing allocated reports, to a high standard, with attention to detail.
- Possess a high level of literacy, alongside excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to influence and adjust style or approach to fit the culture of each client.
- Have a problem solving and solutions-based approach.