Safeguarding Adults at Risk
“Everyone has the right to live in safety, free from abuse and neglect”. – NHS
An adult at risk of harm (or adult at risk) is any person who is aged 18 years or over and at risk of abuse or neglect because of their need for care or support. Everyone is responsible for safeguarding adults at risk.
People who work in specific sectors or roles may have more responsibilities in terms of safeguarding adults at risk, including social workers, health professionals, and police officers.
Our Safeguarding Adults at Risk course aims to help you understand the importance of safeguarding adults at risk of harm as well as how to identify someone at risk and how to report this appropriately within your organisation.
What are the benefits?
- Understand the importance of safeguarding adults at risk of harm.
- Be able to identify someone at risk.
- Know what to do if you suspect there is an adult at risk of harm.
- Online training course conducted at your own pace – no previous experience required
Who is it for?
This course is suitable for anyone whose job role involves working with adults at risk. Examples include social workers, health professionals, carers and individuals working in education establishments with adult learning.
This course lasts approximately 45 minutes.
Our SCORM compliance means you can be confident that we deliver high-quality, effective eLearning and assessment tools that integrate into professional learning management systems.
Our courses are SCORM compliant which means they can be integrated as part of your existing LMS or used as part of our SHINE learning management system.
Learn more about our health and safety accreditations.
Start your learning adventure
Created by experts. IOSH Approved. CPD Certified. Our fire, health and safety courses support your compliance training needs. We offer flexible eLearning options. Buy individual courses now and start learning. Or simply call us to discuss group discounts and enterprise pricing options.
Buy now – individual course
- Fully interactive – online learning
- Certified training – created by experts
- Perfect for smaller businesses and sole traders starting out
Call us – volume discount
- Save money – volume discounts
- Control – central dashboard
- Reporting – monitor training progress
- Ideal for mid-sized SMEs needing to deploy training at scale
Call us – Enterprise pricing
- Bespoke – tailored to your needs
- Comprehensive – over 50 courses
- Support – 1-2-1 account management
- Perfect for larger businesses needing a wide variety of training
Aims of the course
This course aims to support individuals working with vulnerable adults by teaching them to identify the signs of abuse and key risks an adult at harm may face.
By completing our Safeguarding Adults at Risk course, you will be able to:
- Understand what safeguarding is.
- Describe the types of abuse adults at risk of harm can be subjected to.
- Identify the signs of abuse.
- Describe the other key risks an adult at risk of harm may face.
- Explain how and where to report concerns.
This course includes the following:
- Introduction – overview of safeguarding and adults at risk.
- Types of abuse – including signs and types of abuse.
- Other issues – cuckooing, bullying and cyberbullying and female genital mutilation.
- Case studies
- Reporting your concerns – your employer’s responsibilities, whistleblowing.
Our Safeguarding Adults at Risk course includes summaries, interactive tools and exercises, as well as comprehensive tests to enhance learning.
Certification: you’ll also be provided with a Safeguarding Adults at Risk certificate on successful completion of the course.
Download our Safeguarding at Risk course brochure
Fully interactive. Clear and simple. Created by experts.
How is it delivered?
The ccourse is delivered through an eLearning platform either online or through a computer network which trainees can access from their own laptop or desktop. Each trainee can work through the modules at their own speed as they have the option of saving their progress and completing the course over multiple sessions. We are also able to integrate the course into a SCORM compliant learning management system.
SHINE – compliance record keeping
The Praxis42 Digital Platform SHINE is our advanced eLearning management system and helps organisations deliver effective online learning for their employees.
A cost-effective tool for compliance record-keeping, SHINE allows you to view and manage employee training records easily. Individual training certificates can be printed as proof of compliance for audits or visits from enforcing agencies.
What our clients say
From national pub chains to global insurance, our clients value our expertise and service.
Need further HR courses? Explore similar courses from our library.