Personal protective equipment (PPE) covers items of clothing and equipment worn to protect people from injury and ill health when risks cannot be controlled in another way. PPE is worn to protect your eyes, face, hands, arms, ears and the whole body.
To comply with The Personal Protective Equipment at Work Regulations 1992, employees must wear PPE in the workplace when required by the organisation’s risk assessments and procedures.
Our PPE Awareness course raises awareness of how personal protective equipment is used to control hazards and risks, and everyone’s responsibilities to use protective equipment as instructed as part of a safe system of work.
What are the benefits?
- Educates employees on The Personal Protective Equipment at Work Regulations 1992.
- Covers the key PPE protection groups including respiratory protection equipment (RPE).
- Online training course conducted at your own pace – no previous experience required
Who should take the course?
This course is suitable for anyone whose job requires them to wear PPE of any type for their work. This is primarily aimed at industries where PPE is used daily, such as construction.
This course takes approximately 25 – 30 minutes to complete.
Our accreditations mean you can be confident that we deliver high-quality, effective eLearning that forms part of a professional development programme.
We pride ourselves on our extensive certification and accreditation. We’re ISO 9001 quality management certified, CPD Certified, and an IOSH Approved training provider.
This course is SCORM compliant which means it can be integrated as part of your existing LMS or used as part of our SHINE learning management system.
Learn more about our health and safety accreditations.
Start your learning adventure
Created by experts. IOSH Approved. CPD Certified. Our fire, health and safety courses support your compliance training needs. We offer flexible eLearning options. Buy individual courses now and start learning. Or simply call us to discuss group discounts and enterprise pricing options.
Buy now – individual course
- Fully interactive – online learning
- Certified training – created by experts
- Perfect for smaller businesses and sole traders starting out
Call us – volume discount
- Save money – volume discounts
- Control – central dashboard
- Reporting – monitor training progress
- Ideal for mid-sized SMEs needing to deploy training at scale
Call us – Enterprise pricing
- Bespoke – tailored to your needs
- Comprehensive – over 50 courses
- Support – 1-2-1 account management
- Perfect for larger businesses needing a wide variety of training
Aims of the course
Our PPE awareness course educates employees on how to safely and correctly use various types of PPE, and the importance of using it.
By completing our PPE Awareness course, you will:
- Understand where personal protective equipment sits in the hierarchy of risk control.
- Identify the main types and limitations of personal protective equipment.
- Describe how to wear or fit equipment correctly.
- Explain how to take care of equipment, store it safely and keep it in good condition.
The course includes the following:
1. Introduction and definitions
2. Care of PPE and personal responsibilities
3. Respiratory protective equipment (RPE)
4. Eye, face and head protection
5. Hand and arm protection
6. Hearing protection
7. Body protection
Download our PPE course brochure
Fully interactive. Clear and simple. Created by experts.
How is it delivered?
The Praxis42 PPE Awareness course is designed to be delivered on an individual basis to all trainees. Using either a laptop or desktop, trainees can access the modules either online or through a computer network. All trainees also have the option of completing the course over multiple sessions by saving their progress and returning to it. Should you need it, we are also able to provide the Manual Handling Awareness Course in a format which can be integrated into a SCORM compliant learning management system.
SHINE – Compliance record keeping
The Praxis42 Digital Platform SHINE is our advanced eLearning management system and helps organisations deliver effective online learning for their employees.
A cost-effective tool for compliance record-keeping, SHINE allows you to view and manage employee training records easily. Individual training certificates can be printed as proof of compliance for audits or visits from enforcing agencies.
What our clients say
From national pub chains to global insurance, our clients value our expertise and service.
Need further safety courses? Explore similar courses from our library.